This is the Call for CTF (Capture The Flag) for the 10th edition of BruCON.
On the off chance you don’t know BruCON (where have you been?). This year we host a 3-day Security and Hacking Conference full of interesting presentations, workshops and security challenges for about 600 attendees. BruCON is an open-minded gathering of people discussing computer security, privacy, and information technology. The conference tries to build bridges between the various actors active in the computer security world including (but not limited to) hackers, security professionals, security communities, non-profit organisations, CERTs, students, law enforcement agencies, and many more.
The conference will be held in Ghent on 3, 4 and 5th of October 2018.
- A description of your 3 day CTF challenge with type of challenges included. (For example: IoT, Reverse Engineering, Crypto, etc.)
Please take into account the following guidelines :
- BruCON hosts predominantly offensive technical security talks, workshops and trainings covering all security topics. Please submit a CTF that is well rounded.
- If you have additional hardware that need to be taken into account, please specify including the additional costs.
- If you need to ship some material, also let us know.
- We are looking for a CTF that answers to all levels but optionally also includes an INSANE level of difficulty.
- We allow a maximum team of 3 people to come over for the CTF.
- The CTF runs during the three conference days
- People can join the CTF individually
If you submit, please include, at minimum, the following information :
- CTF content (type of challenges)
- Hosted before? If so, where and when
Submissions will contain as much detail as possible and will be written in English.
You will submit your proposal by mail: email@example.com
Your submission will contain at least the following details:
- Your name (CTF team name)
- Where do you live (country)
- How to reach you
- The title of your CTF,
- A description of the CTF with the type of challenges
- Whether you submitted and/or presented this proposal at other conferences, and which
Our speaker treatment hasn’t changed since the first year. You’re our guest and we will do anything to make your stay and experience as enjoyable as possible. This includes helping you with travel and accommodation and providing ample opportunities to sample the best of whatever Belgium has to offer. You know what we’re talking about so … submit now!
This Call for CTF closes on July 20th 2018 at midnight CET — Feedback will be sent before August 1th 2018.